What is an ecommerce Online Shop?
ecommerce (electronic commerce ) is the buying and selling of goods and services on the Internet. In practice, this term ecommerce and e-business are often used interchangeably. For online retail selling, the term e-tailing is sometimes used.
Aspects of ecommerce include:
- E-tailing or “virtual storefronts” on websites with online catalogs.
- The gathering and use of demographic data through Web contacts.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the business-to-business exchange of data
- email, instant messaging and social networking as media for reaching prospects and established customers
- Business-to-business buying and selling
- The security of business transactions.
We can add a fully functioning ecommerce Online Shop to your website, allowing totally secure trading over the Web. Simple to set up and easy to use it offers a very low cost solution for small, medium and larger businesses to create E-commerce sites allowing you to take orders on the Web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shops are simple for customers to use, making the website easy to navigate and purchase goods online. Customer is shown a summary of their Shopping Basket when an item is ordered. A list of all goods ordered with a total of quantities and prices is kept at all times. This allows customer to change the quantity of items in their basket, or remove them altogether with a “clear” button for starting over. The customer can place one or one thousand items in the basket with a single button.
emcom will help you understand the ever-changing Internet marketplace and how your ecommerce venture will thrive in this environment. We will work closely with you to understand your current processes and find solutions that will allow you to operate more efficiently, increase revenues, and do more business on the web.
Please visit our Demonstration Online Shop for a review of how an ecommerce online shop works.